1. All racers are expected to be examples of good sportsmanship. Racers must treat fellow racers & race staff with courtesy
PENALTY: Strict penalties will be assessed for un-sportsman like behavior based on the infraction.
2. Teams must assist fellow teams in need of medical attention.
PENALTY: Strict penalties will be assessed for non assistance based on the infraction.
Teams must always remain within 30 seconds of other teammates.
(unless given specific instructions otherwise).
4. All team members must check in together at each checkpoint. Only one team member needs to check in at TA except for
SPRITNT racers - both members must check in at TA. If one member must leave the course, they must do so at a manned
CP or TA and notify race management. If a team leaves a teammate out on the course that team will be immediately
disqualified and not allowed to continue unofficially. Incomplete teams may continue unranked. Incomplete or single
racers must carry the mandatory team gear.
5. Passports must be carried the entire race. Teams must punch passport in correct space at each CP. If you have
mis-punched - you may got back to the original cp and punch beside it to prove you reached that cp.
PENALTY: Incorrect punch or failure to punch, team will not receive credit for that CP.
PENALTY: Lost passport – Disqualification - you may continue unranked.
6. Race bibs (if provided) must be worn on the outside of clothing at all times, except while paddling. Race bibs do not
have to be worn over packs. Some races will use wrist bands - the same
7. EACH RACER must carry with them at all times a device or devices that are capable of carrying 70 ounces of water
(2 Liters). PENALTY: 1 hour per racer per offence.
8. All CPs must be obtained in order (UNLESS SPECIFIED). If a team misses a CP, they will be allowed to go back and
get the CP if they are still on the same leg of the race. If they have started onto another leg -they will not be able to go
back to the missed cp.
9. Teams that miss a CP will be ranked after teams that obtain all CPs provided that all CPs are punched in the correct
spot. Missing a CP is defined as not going to a CP or mis-punching a CP. Being short coursed is the same as missing a CP for
the CP’s that team does not acquire due to short coursing. Teams will not be penalized for missing a CP if the missed CP is
over 50 meters from the correct location of the CP. This is at RD discretion.
10. Race officials reserve the right to alter time cut-offs or the course itself to accommodate changing conditions and to
ensure that teams finish on time. If your team is re-routed or there are other course change race official will
Mandatory gear must be carried at all times and will be checked
on the course.
12. No GPS of any kind including GPS pace counters are allowed. (Turned OFF Cell phones, "IF" part of the required gear
allowed - DO NOT USE THE GPS FUNCTION ON THEM UNLESS YOU ARE IN NEED OF
MEDICAL OR RESCUE.
See race details for boat information. PFD’S
(Life Vest) must be worn at all times while paddling.
Bicycle helmets are required at all times during a bike leg and
when specifically directed by race officials.
15. Climbing helmets are required at all times during the climbing section if apllicable and when specifically directed
by race officials.
16. Racers must follow Rules of Travel as outlined in Course Instructions. Where no specific path is designated, teams
path between CPs. When instructions designate a specific route, teams must
follow that path.
17. Rear bike lights must be on at all times after dark. Front lights must be on when entering and departing TAs, and
when traveling on paved roads or any non-trail. Front lights can be on your helmet or on your handlebars. You will not
be allowed to leave a staffed CP/TA if your bike lights are not functioning properly and it is dark or going to be dark
before you get back to TA.
(Bike lights are for 12 hour and longer races only - not sprints)
18. There is no Food, Water, Gear Drop unless specified by Race Officials. Athletes may NOT receive outside assistance
except from Race
Officials & other registered teams.
NO LITTERING! Leave
20. Use of cellular phone is for emergencies only. No other use is allowed. Unless special instructions are given by race
21. Any time penalties will be added to the team’s finishing time, except for the Top 10 placing teams which will be served
on the course if possible.
22. Race officials reserve the right to remove a team from the course for health, safety or other reasons, at the discretion
of race officials and medical personnel.
23. Any team withdrawing from the race must notify a “live” person by checking in with at a CP or TA volunteer or by
calling the race director. Failing to notify race officials will result in that team being responsible for all search and rescue expenses.
24. Any protest must be filed in writing within one hour of the team’s finish and will be reviewed by the Race Staff.
Texas Adventure Racing